Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Fishing Story

First of all i want to say that this story had the best opening paragraph of any of the essays. There was so much description. The line i raked her sandy, flat,northwest Florida yard really gave me a clear picture in my head of the setting in the beginning because i go to Florida allot. Also the fact that we are meeting the writer of the essay gave me more of a incentive to get into it and understand it.
I start to feel bad reading this when she starts loosing her memory, thank god i cannot relate to this because i have all four of my grandparents and they are all generally healthy. I could not imagine the pain people are going through, the thought of someone forgetting my name or who i am that is close to me would eat me up inside. I can totally relate to the relationship she had with her great grandmother because i have an amazing relationship with my moms parents especially my grandmother. I don't know why or how but we have just bonded and she has told me that im her favorite. I think i feel the same feelings for my grandmother as Beth does for her great. Im looking forward to meeting her in class.

No comments: